I want to make sure you have the best possible experience out on the boat. In order to make sure you’re making positive memories, you should read through the follow list of items to bring so you can be prepared for the fun day ahead.
You should know when and where you’re meeting Fishin’ James. If you do not know yet, please contact us immediately so we can get you informed.
You can find directions, fishing information, and meeting locations on the respective lake/river pages.
- Lake Berryessa
- Lake New Melones
- Sacramento River
Important Fishing License Information
- You are responsible for purchasing a fishing license. You can purchase them online at www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing. (If you plan on fishing 2 or more times during the season, I recommend getting a seasonal pass to get the most value from your purchase.)
- You must sign your fishing license for it to be valid.
- Children under 15 years of age do not need to purchase a license.
- A California fishing license allows for a total of 5 Kokanee/Trout/Land Locked Kings or 2 Chinook Salmon per day.
- A child who cannot hold a pole or reel in their own fish is not eligible to catch a daily limit. This means if you bring a very young child (around 4 or younger), they will not count as an individual that can catch fish. You as a parent or guardian cannot catch the childs limit on their behalf, the child must be able to hold the pole and reel in a fish. We can help with everything else.
- A California fishing license allows for a total of 5 Kokanee/Trout/Land Locked Kings or 2 Chinook Salmon.
Things to Bring
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- It will be cold and dark when we first go out on the lake since it’s so early in the morning. Bring something to keep warm in and to shield you from any winds.
- I do have a space heater on my boat to help keep warm.
- Bring a camera to capture the memorable moments of the trip, there will be many opportunities for great pictures and videos.
- Lunch, Drinks or Snacks
- I have a large cooler to store your meal or snacks.
- We may be on the water all day, it’s important to plan appropriately as there will not be a store easily accessible for you to purchase snacks or meals.
- Bug Spray
- Ice & Ice Chest
- Please leave the ice chest in your vehicle when you arrive. It is for your catch, so make sure to bring one large enough!
- A small bag of ice picked up from your local store will be plenty to keep the fish cold on your drive home.
- Tip (as customary) for when James helps you create a memory that lasts a lifetime.